Including spices in our diet is a convenient and simple way to accelerate our metabolism and promote fat burning. We must supplement their intake with a balanced diet and physical exercise.
To lead a healthy life, it is important to have a balanced weight. However, achieving the right weight is not entirely easy with the habits we have today.
Luckily, there are some spices that speed up the metabolism and that you can easily incorporate into your diet.
To reach the correct weight it is important to achieve three objectives:
- Accelerate metabolism.
- Reduce fatty tissue.
- Suppress appetite.
The spices that we recommend are rich in nutrients that improve your quality of life and prevent diseases such as:
- Arterial hypertension.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Myocardial infarction.
The mustard plant belongs to the cruciferous family such as cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
Mustard seeds are part of the spices that accelerate the metabolism because they increase body heat and help your body burn calories more efficiently.
What should you do?
You can consume 3 teaspoons of mustard seeds before exercising to help you burn some extra calories per sports session.
The best option to obtain these benefits is to consume the seed. Although you could opt for commercial mustard, it usually has preservatives and salt that cause the opposite effect to that desired.
The turmeric is a spice orange widely used in the culinary field.
According to different studies, this spice has the ability to reduce the formation of fatty tissue.
This means that, when consumed, body fat is reduced and weight gain is avoided . It is also useful in the treatment of diabetes because it improves insulin resistance and regulates hyperglycemia.
Do you want to help your body burn fat and exercise is not enough for you? We know that a very common problem has to do with the amount of exercise that is needed to reach the desired weight.
Luckily, ginger causes the body to use accumulated fat as extra fuel .
In addition, ginger is able to calm and relax the gastrointestinal tract, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
To get these benefits you have several options. The easiest is to consume one cup of ginger infusion a day. You can do it as part of your breakfast or as a base for your green smoothies.
Cardamom is an aromatic spice widely used in the Old East as a medicinal remedy against digestive conditions.
It is important to consider its peculiar spicy and sweet taste. This can make some people feel a certain distaste the first time they consume it.
However, it is ideal for increasing the body’s ability to burn accumulated fat .
Cinnamon comes from the branches of some bushes that, once dry and without bark, form those aromatic tubes that we already know.
It has multiple benefits such as:
- Decrease acidity.
- Regulate the intestinal rhythm.
- Fight the flu.
- Reduce blood sugar levels.
- Regulate triglyceride levels and bad cholesterol (LDL).
To take advantage of all these benefits, just add a little cinnamon powder to your desserts. Another alternative is the cinnamon infusion that you can consume daily.
In case taking daily cinnamon infusion bores you, you can add some milk or use it as a base for other drinks.
Cumin is a spice that, in addition to accelerating metabolism, gives a particular flavor and aroma to meals.
It has a wide variety of properties to help us lose weight:
- It improves digestion because it optimizes the metabolism of nutrients.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, especially useful in conditions of the abdomen that cause swelling.
- Reduce gas production.
- It is a natural antioxidant that stimulates the metabolic expenditure that destroys fatty tissue by converting it into energy.
- Black pepper
The black pepper provides a unique touch of spicy food as long as:
- It inhibits the formation of new fat cells.
- Stimulates the secretion of gastric juices, which accelerates the digestive process and intestinal evacuation.
- Reduces the formation of intestinal gases that prevent purifying functions.
- It works as a natural diuretic.
- Regulates blood pressure and prevents hypertension.
The best thing about black pepper is that it is one of the most common spices, so it is likely that you already use it. If not, take advantage of it to season your dishes.
To lose weight in a short period of time, we must supplement these spices that accelerate the metabolism with a daily exercise routine and a balanced diet.
- Mohamed Saleem, TS, Madhusudhana Chetty, S., Ramkanth, S., Rajan, VST, Mahesh Kumar, K., & Gauthaman, K. (2010). Hepatoprotective herbs – A review. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Metzler, M., Pfeiffer, E., Schulz, SI, & Dempe, JS (2013). Curcumin uptake and metabolism. BioFactors https://doi.org/10.1002/biof.1042
- Taghizadeh, M., Farzin, N., Taheri, S., Mahlouji, M., Akbari, H., Karamali, F., & Asemi, Z. (2017). The Effect of Dietary Supplements Containing Green Tea, Capsaicin and Ginger Extracts on Weight Loss and Metabolic Profiles in Overweight Women: A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. https://doi.org/10.1159/000471889
- Gruenwald, J., Freder, J., & Armbruester, N. (2010). Cinnamon and health. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408390902773052
- Ravindran, PN, & Kallupurackal, JA (2001). Black pepper In Handbook of Herbs and Spices. https://doi.org/10.1533/9781855736450.62